Thursday, March 12, 2009

Half Square Triangles, Roses, and Genealogy

I'm tired of half square triangles.  They aren't hard, it's just a pain.  I'm never going to get these rose blocks done.  I finally got bored and started working on some genealogy.  So now I have papers and fabric all over the kitchen.  I had everything on my old computer and thought I had a pretty good paper trail until I started rooting around.  Now I've spent most of the afternoon catching up via Ancestry.com where I have my records.

The PAF program I have doesn't exist on the Mac so I may have to download it to the XP side and work that way so I have a physical paper trail.  I couldn't find a template on Ancestry.com that you could list families and print out a family group record.  You can print out census forms and other blank pages for records.  

Well, break time is over.  Back to hunting down names and maybe get back to those roses.  If you can't go backwards, go forward in genealogy.  You'll be amazed at the people you meet via email or on the phone.   

      

0 comments: