Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving/Christmas

I set out my nativity set and it looks wonderful:


BTW, if you have seen my "real" camera, let me know.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  My parents and two sisters came out for the weekend and we had a wonderful time.

I can't tell you how enough how grateful I am this Thanksgiving for my mom.  She deep cleaned my entire house while here.  When you can't bend down, scrub or get down on your knees my house has needed her care.  It's not that my family doesn't help.  They do great, but there's something about moms that do the trick.

She introduced me to Exedrin Back And Body Pain medication which has saved my sanity.  Don't know what they put in it, but I have been pain free all weekend until it wears off.  I'm still taking it easy as I know I'm not healed and don't want to fall into the "I feel great and can do anything now" trap of feeling better.

She made curtains for my daughter's room with ease.  She wasn't impressed with the Horizon as it starts out slow.  It drove her nuts as her old Bernina takes off when starting.  I despise this feature as well, but most machines do it now.  I wish there was a way to disable it.  Anyone know how to hack a sewing machine program?

She even went with me to Wally World at midnight to see what the fuss is about "Black Friday".  Meh.  I don't see what the fuss is all about.  

We set up the tree to Bandit's great delight.  He's had a great time redoing the decorations.  I keep waiting to hear a crash in the middle of night after he knocks it over.

0 comments: