Thursday, August 13, 2009

Elly Sienkiwqicz's Books

While in a quilt store a few weeks ago I picked up Elly Sienkiewicz's book, "The Best of Baltimore Beauties, 95 patterns for Album Blocks and Borders".


Elly does exquisite hand applique work and this is my first book by her. It's not a "how to" book but has the designs from her books.

She has black and white photos of the designs and 1/4 of the design unless it's not symetrical. I don't care about not having the fabric colors, just having the designs themselves are amazing. Getting it at 40% off is even better.

Even if you don't do hand applique and see her book in a store, check one out, you'll be amazed. If I ever get around to doing a quilt by her, I'll do it with machine applique.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I'll have to look out for it

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

I just finished listening to Annie Smith of www.simplearts.com interview Elly Sienkiwqicz in a podcast. SWEET woman and delightful to listen to. I had never seen any of her work before, I'm so grateful for your photos! Seems this book is a "must have" for my collection.