Thursday, May 23, 2013

Treasures and Pen Sketches

I'm still alive.  I finally said "screw it" to my mini album and put everything up.  I feel so much better.  I'll send it out to my mom next Wednesday.

I want to thank Judy from "Knit Quilt SpinWeave" for sending me a gorgeous woven bookmark that she made.  It's beautifully done and I'll treasure it forever.  I'm sorry it's taken me so long to put up a post about it.  There are so many talented women/men out in blogland and I love seeing what others do.


I pulled out my Cameo and figured I'd try something new instead of fighting a mini album.  I've always wanted to try the "Sketch" feature on Designer Studio and found a great tutorial on tricking Studio into doing small crosshatching.  I traced in the design, did the cross hatching and had the Cameo draw it out with their pen so the design looked filled in.  I killed the pen's ink supply with this design.  I need to find a pen holder from someone that uses regular pens.  I know Amy Chomas does so I may order one from her.  I still can't believe how intricate the design came out.  I love it!  If you don't look close enough you won't notice where pen decided not to work.





0 comments: