Friday, March 28, 2014

First Baby Card With Explore




I just did my first card on the Explore.  I LOVE how this turned out.  I found a card via Pinterest and used the idea.  I'm not that talented to come up with my own yet.  She used real buttons, ribbon and better paper, but this came out great.

The Explore scored the card and did the writing.  The pens fit in perfectly and flow nicely.  Design Space still needs a centering tool if you want to write.  I did design this in MTC and moved it over as a SVG file.  I don't know how the editing of fonts works in Design Space as I haven't done it yet.  While the software is limited, I really like it. 

I really like that you can load the mats via color.  I had five colors and just loaded the mats.  If I was good, I could add the papers on the mats, change everything to one color and go.  The last mat didn't load right and it looks like it makes you start over with the first one..PC needs to give an option to choose which mat you want to load first.  I fixed it by closing the eye on all the pieces I didn't want cut.

If you are looking for a fast cutter, this isn't it.  My Cameo can do the cuts twice as fast, but I love the accuracy of the cuts on the Explore.  I used the light card stock setting and paper from Michael's.

     

0 comments: