Sunday, June 15, 2014

Back On A Bike

Yesterday was the first time on my bike since the dog/flat tire problems.  I used my fat bike since there is fresh gravel out on the county roads.  It was a beautiful day and figured I could deal with the wind.  What I didn't know was that I was under a wind advisory with gusts of 30-40 mph.  LOL.  I really should check the weather more often.

Since the bike incidents, I started running..err..gasping…err..walking since I need to do something.  I have been doing a pathetic mile (400 meter is almost 4 minutes) for a couple of weeks now.  When I started riding yesterday, I could tell a HUGE difference in riding.  I'm much stronger and managed the 10 miles w/o dying of oxygen and didn't struggle with the wind.  Riding a fat bike with 30 mph winds made my shoulders and arms really sore though.  Riding again helped me realize how much I do enjoy it.

Not sure what to do about my fat bike.  My son leaves for the Navy in July and I don't mountain bike by myself so I really don't have a need for the bike anymore.  I still have my cross bike, but if I did want to ride a trail, I'd be out of a bike.  I should just keep the bike and quit worrying so much.


0 comments: