Thursday, February 06, 2014

Getting Stains Off Of White Fabric?

The last few days have been miserable.  My SI joints are really sore making my muscles stiff.  I just want to get out and do stuff and not hurt.  Feeling sorry for myself I figured I'd pull out my embroidery machine and do something.  I can't find the package of needles I bought last month.  I've looked everywhere.  I can't just to the store and get them either where I live.  So I figured I'd work on "Red December".

I pull that out and realize that there are stains on the white fabric!  I've been so careful with this quilt because of the white fabric.  I feel sick and cried my heart out last night.  The last thing I want to do is have the red fabric ruined by trying to get the stain out of the white.  I've had such a love/hate relationship with this quilt.  It's a stunning pattern and I love it.  The fabric is fairly thick and and a pain to fold over even with a template and iron.  That turkey red color is nearly impossible to find so I've just tried not to worry about all the excess fabric that keeps coming out of the corners despite my attempts to keep it folded under.  The quilt will never make it in a competition because of those issues.  Is there a way to get this stain out?    

  

0 comments: