Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hunkering Down

My mom is wonderful. She works part time at a candy place during the holiday season. I just got a huge box of candy from her. Chocolate covered cherries and blueberries (my favorites). Chocolate covered nuts and plain varieties as well. Yummm. They've come just in time for hunkering down for an ice storm.

I've insulated my pipes, stocked up on salt and food for the weekend. It was just starting to get busy when I left the store earlier. The kids got out early today in preparation for the storm.

I'm just worried about my tree out front. Last year we got 3/4 of an inch of ice. The neighborhood sounded like a war zone with the limbs breaking from the weight every few minutes. We lost several limbs off of our tree which thankfully landed in the yard.

The kids are out for Christmas break now. If the storm hits like they are saying, there won't be any school tomorrow, so I figure Christmas break started today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the storm didn't break any limbs. You are prepared, and all together, so that's what counts.

I wonder if putting salt along the big tree limbs would help?

Rhonda said...

Keep warm and take lots of pictures. I love looking at snow.