Sunday, August 14, 2011

I think I need a cycling blog..LOL

I bought this bike the other day, had my LBS put new shifters, tires and grips on and she rides like a dream.  It's like having found and cleaned up a Singer Featherweight.  Smooth, fast, reliable and and vintage.  She was a TOL bike back in the 90's.  I paid two hundred dollars for her and she's in wonderful condition.  You just have to get over the loud yellow and red paint.

This is a Trek Y11, one of the first "Y" full suspension mountain bikes.  She's about 15 years old. A full suspension gives you front suspension and a rear suspension so your butt doesn't hurt going over rocks, logs, etc while riding.  I went down a gravel road hill full speed and my back/butt didn't hurt from the bouncing of a regular mountain bike.


Hmm..  Maybe I should set up a cycling blog.

Oh..I fell of this bike today.  I fell off another bike last weekend and I think once again during the last week.  You should see some of the bruises I have.  I just need to adjust the saddle height again.  I have a hard time getting on/off a bike since my saddle has to be high for my long legs.  Too short and the front of your knees hurt.  Too high, I fall off and your knees hurt in the back.  I do love cycling though.  Going down a hill at 30mph is a huge rush.

Oh, the neighborhood kids call it the "Pimpmobile" since you can rock it back and forth while riding.  Half of the boys that come over want it and another kid was willing to give me his next paycheck for it.

A couple of friends suggested I buy used bikes, clean them up and sell them.  My mechanical skills suck with a bike so that won't be happening any time soon.

My mom got my dad's quilt yesterday when she stopped off in Council Bluffs yesterday on her way to Utah.  I hope my dad loves it.  I'll call him tomorrow and let you all know how he likes it.

0 comments: