Monday, September 01, 2008

I Could Put My Car In This!!!

I got the peacock design done today! Those center parts took over a hour each to stitch out. Here it is:


Wow..I love it! I had no idea that this was a GIANT size tote bag..like I know what a tote bag is..LOL. I don't even carry a purse. That's what pockets are for. So the size right now is 12x16 inches. The directions have you add another 4 blocks making it a 16x16 size block. People have THAT much stuff?

Then you are to stitch out the blocks above for the back panel. Wait..it gets bigger! The smaller sides are 8 inches wide x 16 inches tall. Heck, I could my car in that. Or my sewing machine...Hey..that's an idea! Make it a cover for my 6600!

Dunno..make it a tote bag or a sewing machine cover?

Bag: If I did a purse thingy, I wouldn't add the extra 4 blocks on the top or the 8 inch sides. I'd keep the size I have and made the side pieces a width like 4 inches. I'd also use a dark color for the other sides. I figured I'd make the other sides quilted. It's constructing all the sides that will be the death of me. I have it planned out in my head but it's still an overkill sized purse/bag. Hmmm ...anyone want to make this into a bag for me?

Machine Cover: I have the cover to my 350e that I could use as a template. I'd have to do some adjusting but could get it to work. I'd have the best looking 6600 cover for miles. Then I could find a pattern for a smaller bag and get the "best of both worlds" according to Hannah Montana. LOL! I have little girls..can you tell? Hubby picked up the dvd for them.

5 comments:

Gina said...

I've thought of another option. You could send it to me. LOL

Whatever you decide, bag or cover it's gorgeous.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Carla said...

Wow, that's beautiful! I love the sewing machine cover idea. You'd be able to enjoy it every day!

Anonymous said...

WOW.... that's beautiful. I'd make the sewing machine cover, then it would get used everyday.

Jen said...

Bethany, it's GEORGOUS!! Ok, tote bag...you're going to a quilt shop, you need to match fabrics, you throw what you have in there. You're going to the library to pick up books, you throw them in there. I use a tote bag for work, because I can throw my lunch and misc. stuff in there.

But a machine cover...would be awesome! When I made the machine cover for my 6600 I just measured it and made rectangular pieces to sew together. As a machine cover you could probably enjoy it longer and then when you get tired of it, you could send it my way. =)

Hazel said...

That is awesome ,I just love it .Frame it, its to pretty to use ,or send it to a good home ,mine LOL