Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Aligning Center Dahlia Pieces

I decided I was determined to get those pieces to meet up. I took out two pieces of the center so I had 8 pieces on each side. I aligned up the center in a swirl, pinned the two halves together and started sewing down the middle. When I got the center, I carefully went through the middle of each section and then came out the other side and finished the seam. It's not perfect, but I figure if it doesn't look great, I can sew in a beautiful pink or blue button that would set off the center.

I still need to sew the other half of the center to the dahlia petals, but the center is pieced. I have the outside to work on and then figure out the background.

I'm crawling back into bed now. This has wiped me out and it took me about 20-30 minutes to do this. I may see a doc tomorrow about being sick. Thankfully; I don't have a sinus infection but this isn't getting any better.


From Quilted with Love

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I think it looks great. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jennifer said...

Looks great! Congrats on getting the center done.

Na Na said...

I'm just curious.... why did you sew the pieces together as rings instead of as long curved strips? Was it a technique you were trying to accomplish? It looks really good by the way.