Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Aligning Center Dahlia Pieces

I decided I was determined to get those pieces to meet up. I took out two pieces of the center so I had 8 pieces on each side. I aligned up the center in a swirl, pinned the two halves together and started sewing down the middle. When I got the center, I carefully went through the middle of each section and then came out the other side and finished the seam. It's not perfect, but I figure if it doesn't look great, I can sew in a beautiful pink or blue button that would set off the center.

I still need to sew the other half of the center to the dahlia petals, but the center is pieced. I have the outside to work on and then figure out the background.

I'm crawling back into bed now. This has wiped me out and it took me about 20-30 minutes to do this. I may see a doc tomorrow about being sick. Thankfully; I don't have a sinus infection but this isn't getting any better.


From Quilted with Love

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I think it looks great. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jennifer said...

Looks great! Congrats on getting the center done.

Anita - aka Granny Patches said...

I'm just curious.... why did you sew the pieces together as rings instead of as long curved strips? Was it a technique you were trying to accomplish? It looks really good by the way.