Monday, October 26, 2009

Center Complications

You'll have to forgive me. I'm still fighting off a cold from the after affects of the flu. Go figure. I get the flu and do pretty good. It gives me a cold and I'm miserable. If this turns into a sinus infection I'll really be nasty.

I'm still figuring out the dahlia center and know the center is going to be a mess. I forgot that you need to "halve" the section in two and sew down the middle for an even seam. However; sixteen pieces meeting perfectly in the center isn't aligning well.

I'm going to have to email a couple of quilting experts to see if there's a way to work this out. If this isn't going to work, I thought about making the center one piece, adding the seam allowance and carefully working my way around the center. Then I worry about the probability of stretched biases.

I'll figure it out. Eventually. Or cheat and fuse something for the center with some applique work. It's 2009. Cheating is allowed now.

2 comments:

Jen said...

i was thinking an appliqued center too. It's too beautiful to NOT finish!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe complete the star first in units of 4 then 16? Applique to fit? I always cheat and any hole leftover in a star I reinforce later. 6 points is my limit. It is amazing looking!