Monday, July 11, 2011

Scratch, scratch, itch, itch, scratch, itch...

No, I don't have lice, fleas, or mosquito bites.  It's called years of my dad's quilt sitting in a bag setting off an allergic reaction.  I'm not sure I even want to quilt it and if I wash it, it would probably disintegrate.  Easiest way would be to tie it if I had a decent frame.  It has handled well to seam ripping and sewing though.  Maybe I could do a quick meander on it just to hold it together.  


It looks really nice now that I took out all the pieces with holes.  I took the picture before I finished up the last row.  I'm wondering if a nice soft brown would do the trick.  Or a gray-blue. 

When I quilt it, I'm wearing long sleeves, gloves and pants..LOL! 

2 comments:

bettyp said...

Try basting with really long stitches then you could do your quilting on machine or by hand . I think a brown would look good .I also would maybe quilt it with a grid design .Very simple quilting.

Linda said...

I can't wait to see it all quilted. The colors are so contemporary! (Are you sure your itching is not the new kitten in the house? If guess if you already had a cat that would not be the case, though.) Maybe airing it out outside would help?