Friday, July 01, 2011

UFO's Anyone?


Nothing special about this picture right?  This is as far as I made it today going south of town.  See the background?  Down there is my small town.  I forgot to turn on my "My Tracks" app to get more details on my ride, but I'm pretty sure going north uphill is much easier.

I am SO grateful I took my debit card with me as I had a feeling to bring it.  I ran out of water on the way up (despite having two bottles) and needed to run into the store to get some Gatorade or something to drink on the way home or I was going to fall over from exhaustion.

I wish you all could have seen the looks on peoples faces when I came in dragging a bike and in full cycling gear.  It was like I'd walked off a UFO.  I hate Spandex but it's comforting to know we all look awful in it.  All I wanted was a Gatorade and I didn't have a lock on me.  The managers started whispering (probably wondering if they should have me leave the bike outside) and everyone just stopped and stared as I picked up the drink, paid for it, and walked, errr clicked out since I have cycling shoes.

I'm heading to Ohio for the weekend so I probably won't be posting anything until I get back.  I wish I could stay for Red, White, and Boom but we'll be leaving Monday morning.  My kids would LOVE to see that since our firework shows pale in comparision.

1 comments:

Linda said...

I commend you for sticking with your cycling and being able to make it to town!!!