Saturday, October 13, 2012

PIGs And Thorns

I was cleaning out some stuff and organizing PIGs when I realized I hadn't finished this project:


I stopped because I messed up the border and wasn't in the mood to redo it.  I stuffed it back in the bag and forgot about it.  I still have the corners and the sides to finish up.  My eyes started crossing after a while so I had to stop.  This has been a pain to stitch out, especially if you've never done this type of work.  I've ripped out so much of the yarns, cursed the counting and while it looks amazing now, I don't think I'll do another one of these.

Still working on the "Red December".  My back has been acting up and it hurts to sit at the machine for long periods of time over a half hour.  

Cycling: 

The Biking Gods truly hate me.  I went out for a ride the other day and did about 25 miles.  It was a gorgeous ride with the fall colors (forgot to take pics) and I made it up the steep hill that goes down to the Missouri River on the way back home so I figured it was all good.  Until this afternoon.


 
I hate thorns.  These are all over the tires and I'll just need to buy some more inner tubes on Wednesday.  I'm wondering if I should buy some Slime and hope for the best.  I'm also wondering if tubeless is the way to go.  It just seems like a giant pain with getting the tires to seal to the rims.


2 comments:

quilting/fitness said...

this has nothing to do with biking i have followed your review on janome horizon i also own have for about 2 yrs was wanting to know if you still have it what are your thoughts now i saw they are coming out with a 8900 i think its because of faulty product in 7700 i toohave the same issue and i have a 6600 glad i didnt trade did you what sre you fav thanks

Bethany said...

Diana,

I sold all my Janome machines as I was sick of the problems and use my Husqvarna Viking machines.

Janome makes good machines, they just aren't a company I want to work with anymore.