Sunday, September 22, 2013

Graphic 45 "Place in Time" Mini Album

I thought I'd ordered "Ladies Diary" from Amazon.com but "Place in Time" came in the box.  This is my first Graphic 45 paper pad and my first thought was, "Ewwww, what ugly paper" and then to my horror realized that there was only one page of each design instead of two.  How in the world do you do a mini album with this?  In fact, I emailed Graphic 45 and expressed my displeasure in this paper and that I probably wouldn't purchase anything from like this again.

I received a very sweet response a few minutes later explaining how the "Place in Time" paper worked and that there is no way they could have done 2 sheets of each paper without making it very expensive.  and that hopefully I would find another paper pad that I'd like at some point in time.

Hubby said to keep the paper instead of sending it back to Amazon.com saying that I'd find something to do with it.

I did a search of "Place in Time" via YouTube and found a couple of ladies that had a challenge to only use the 8x8 pad of this paper and watched them.  This album is based off of those ladies with some of my own ideas.  While it's not my favorite pad, the album is turning out far more fabulous than I could ever dream of.  In fact I have "French Country" paper coming on Tuesday and can't wait to get it.  The paper is high quality, cuts beautifully and the tags make any project so much more interesting.

I've used really heavy paper (110?) as the base pages.  Right now everything is just taped and not glued in place so I can change my mind.  I've used most of the cut outs.  Each page has a calendar accordion/fold out that has been tied with a bow, a magnetic page with the month and tag (upper right corner), two tags that fit in the pocket along the band and a postcard that sits under the month tag.  The post cards and the calendar fold out keeps sliding out and I'm not sure how to fix it.  The belly band in the center isn't enough and creating a stopper isn't working either.  It's still a work in progress and I have no clue how to bind it because it's so thick and worry that paper binding won't hold up.

January:

February and March:

April and May:

June and July

August and September

October and November

December

Tag between the pages for more photos:

0 comments: