Monday, January 12, 2009

"Hooked On Feathers"

I finally got far enough on my quilting to put up some pictures of it. It's a technique where you use a single hooked feather and FMQ around the spine using it. No marking necessary. I think it's one of my favorite techniques.

From Quilted with Love


From Quilted with Love
I'm using Marathon polyester thread on the back and invisible thread on the top. I'm showing the back so the quilting is more visible. I just did the feathers around the butterflies in all directions.

I also walked 1.5 miles today and burned 240 calories. I made my January goal to walk 10 miles. I'm at 3 something within the past couple of days. I know it's not a big goal, but it's doable.

1 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow! That looks amazing! You are very good at machine quilting! You should be very proud of how it turned out!!!
Kristie