Monday, January 26, 2009

Another Version Of My Blackwork Quilt

Another DUH moment. My friend Gina suggested to strip piece and cut the star sections (which I had thought of) but my EQ6 measurements would come up as 2 3/16 or some odd number. After trying several variations of blocks and going crazy of why my rotary cutting measurements kept popping up this way, I realized that I had the 1/16 inch mark checked. Sigh. It must be a default setting that I missed.

Now if I do the stars, each strip is measured at 7/8 cutting not some wacked out number to the 16th. I'm not sure I want to cut those measurements.

I may do this layout to keep me from having to deal with stars. I'll try strip piecing a star and see how it goes. I do like this one. Remember that the blackwork designs are around the blocks. I'll do some special quilting on the edges. And there may be sashing involved.

I did design the block below although I know it exists under a different name. I just needed it to be a divisible of 8 to make it easy to piece. I've had enough of odd size numbers. LOL! I do like this layout and the blues blend better and is easier on the eyes.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Love the new layout.

love and hugs Gina xxx

Trish said...

The new layout is really nice.