Saturday, April 23, 2011

The last post said I had figured it out right?  Ummm.  No.  While I got the pieces traced they aren't the right size.  Arghhh!

I have spent the whole week trying to figure out why I can't get it the right size and doing my cross stitch project.  I thought this design would move faster, but it's not.  I'm getting better at reading the pattern, but some of the symbols are hard to see because they are light green and all in the same area. Then I realized the section I was working on was done wrong and had to take out the stitches.

Long story short so I don't whine on and on is that I truly figured out all my issues and have this to show for it:

Not all of the leaves traced out right but everything fits perfectly.  The body and the feathers need to be hand traced to fit better together as they fit under so there are no space gaps.

Lessons learned:

1.  Make the Cut lets you print out the templates.  Had I know this, I would have figured this out sooner.  I kept changing the size of the pattern from 14 inches up to 14.75 and then it was spot on.

2.  Since my experience with Black Cat company has left me lost, I didn't know there was technical support.  I called up, had my problem solved within 10 minutes and drew out the pieces:

3.  She said I could use my 18x24 rotary cutting mat with my Cougar making any project SO much simpler.  She also said more mat sizes would be available soon.

4.  I was able to ask about some of the issues I had like why there wasn't a manual included or better instructions for starting.  She said the software was really new and that a manual wasn't available.  It's not a huge company like the Electric Quilt Company so it takes longer to get up and running.  They are working on one though.

The customer support and the Make The Cut forum are wonderful.  I just think there needs to be a start up letter giving some better explanations on how to set up the software and the machine as everything keeps changing.