Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tandem Bikes

Depression sucks.  It makes you cranky, impossible to live with and all I want to do is sleep all day.

DH surprised me with dinner last night.  We had agreed to go out last Saturday to avoid reservations and the crowds.  We had lunch in Lincoln and spent the afternoon hitting our favorite stores.  He came in the door last night, told me to get my coat and we were going to dinner.  We had a nice dinner and a great date.

One of the bike shops had a tandem bike so DH and figured we'd try it out.  He's talked about a tandem bike but I'll tell you what, those take coordination and trust and we don't have it right now.  I'm sorry I don't have a pic to post of us landing in the snow pile after we tried to turn a corner.  The LBS guy was pretty pissed which made it even funnier since we told him we'd never ridden a tandem bike and wasn't sure how to do it.  You told us to go out and try it.  It's fun!  He took the bike, grumbled and mumbled as he took the bike back in.  We left soon after.

I'd like to give it another go, but we'd need a wide open space and a few hours to get the communication right.  If you are the stoker (back seat) all you do is pedal and pray your DH's proximity alarm doesn't go off (or at least get a warning) and if you are the captain, you are in charge of everything else and need to let the stoker know what's going on.

These bikes would either improve your marriage or destroy it.  LOL!

0 comments: