Thursday, February 21, 2013

How Was Your Day?

Woot!  After several months of not touching a sewing machine I was up and ready to go today.  Sometimes you just need a break to rediscover your love and I've needed it.  With it snowing outside, it was the perfect day to cut tons of fabric for a log cabin quilt.  Who needs a Go! Cutter when this works even better?  I'm not about to pay 80 bucks for a 2 inch strip die when this ran about 13 bucks and can cut whatever widths and lengths I want.



Of course since it's been snowing, I couldn't resist a ride outside on my Mukluk.  The gorgeous white snow was calling to me.  My son took pics of me outside on the road.  I took a spin around the neighborhood and had a blast.  This bike rocks in the snow and eats it with ease.  Too bad I don't have pics of all the people staring at me while passing with their cars.  They were probably thinking what nut is out riding a bike in the middle of a snowstorm?



Went to the doc yesterday about some pain in my upper thigh.  Turns out I have bursitis and he gave me some prednisone to take for a week.  I'm falling apart.

If you're in the middle of this storm, stay safe..even if you have a Muk to ride outside.  

2 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Is that a strip cutter? I have one but have never used it. I worry that it will slip and slide.

We got 4" of snow and about a tenth of an inch of ice on top of that. A great day for staying inside and hand quilting while watching NCIS reruns on USA Network ... it was warm and toasty with that quilt on my lap. ;-)

Rhonda said...

Hi Bethany....wow, look at all that snow. Please be careful. I was watching the news where they were talking about car accidents in the snow and how cold it was....so keep safe!!