Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Still Sick

I've been fighting off something different since December and now it's almost March.  I'm tired of being sick.  I'm taking some more time off from blogging and hoping that whatever I have is the last of being sick.  I haven't ridden a bike or walked in a couple of months other than a couple of miles during that time and it's breaking my heart not being active.   I'm hoping I'll be strong enough by the end of June to be able to do 25 miles.

I've been feeling crappy while on the prednisone and figured the chest tightness and breathing issues was part of side effects.  Today I was feeling really bad and wondered if I should make an appointment and ask as I'd stopped the medication a couple of days ago.  I figured I'd give it a couple more days and go from there.  I hate doctor offices and figured if I called up asking about chest tightness they'd make me go to the ER instead of just checking me out.

However; it turns out I took my daughter's appointment for a physical as she couldn't make it due to baby sitting and figured it would be a waste if I didn't at least ask.  Nurse totally freaked out when she took my temp and said it was 102.  Doc took a look at my heart and lungs and wondered if I had pneumonia and wanted an x-ray.  Thankfully no pneumonia but the blood tests said I had some kind of infection.  He sent me home with some antibiotics and said to come back in 5 days.

See you in five days...



 

 

1 comments:

Judy said...

Well, that's too bad. I hope that the new medicine makes you feel better. I know that it must be hard not being able to cycle/walk. I'd be a bear if I couldn't get out there and work out (my family would hide, haha). Take care of yourself.