Monday, September 24, 2012

Design Wall Monday

After getting a bill of 350 dollars (after insurance) for three stitches, next time I'll do it myself via YouTube and a Google search for supplies.  Health insurance is nothing but legal extortion for everyone in the medical field and no one wins.  Sorry...rant over.

Quilting:

Before I got my cold I finished one block with the edge stitching.  I cut out circle templates with my Cougar cutter since I never found my "Perfect Circles" that suck anyway.  BTW, painters tape works wonders with heat resistant templates especially for circles.  At first I was going to give up on the circles, but they bring out the best and unify the block.  I have a LOT of circles to do.  My camera battery died right after taking this so I can't put a close up of the stitching.  


Cycling:

Was looking into winter clothing for riding the other day.  They make all kinds of stuff for your hands which I hope to order sometime soon.  I also need some fenders.  Winter riding sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't want to invest too much in case I decide I hate winter.

Even though the Strava app on here says I haven't done any miles, I've put about 15 miles in the past week or so.  When I checked my Mukluk's computer it read 117 miles done this year.  Wow.  I've got a lot more miles on my Fargo, but I was surprised about the fat bike.

 

 







2 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking block. Can't wait to see more.

Angie in SoCal said...

Your red december block is fabulous. You should link to Esther's WOW page tomorrow - she would love to see your take on her Christmas pattern. Really nice.