Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Edge Stitching


I don't know if you can see the complete detail work, but I love how this is turning out with the edge stitch around the pieces.  I don't have the patience to do hand work, I hate the blanket stitch and invisible thread has always seemed weird looking.  A small zig zag seems too primitive as well.

What I'd like to do for quilting is to do the same kind of stitch in white around the pieces or find a way to compliment the quilt with this stitch.  I really don't want to free motion quilt and while hand quilting would set it off, I hate doing it.

I'll worry about the quilting when I actually get around to it.

With the next block, I'll be much faster at making the pieces since I know what I'm doing now.  I still can't find my circle templates so those will have to wait.

I've also found regular paper is perfect for stabilizer.  I can just one piece where I want keeping the rest of the block from being to stiff to move around.  I hate the stitch and tear crappy stabilizer as it's a pain to remove.

I'm going to need more thread.  I didn't realize I'd pulled out my Gutterman thread which I can't get here in town and have to either take a trip to civilization or order it online.  I don't know if Mettler makes the same color and weight.  I meant to use Mettler machine embroidery thread, but the heavier thread looks nicer.

0 comments: