Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Does It Have Heated Seats?

No..it's not about the sewing machine.

I won't get my new car until next week, but was happily telling my mom about it and here's what she asks:


Mom:  Does it have heated seats?  Or a heated steering wheel?

Me:  No.  Why would I need heated seats or a wheel?  That's crazy!

Mom:  It keeps you warm.

Me:  So does a coat.

Mom:  Does it have a nagivation system/GPS?

Me:  No.  I use what's called a map.  It's cheaper.

Mom:  Oh.  Well, do the seats adjust electronically?

Me:  No.  I can do manual labor.

Mom: Well, as long as you like it.  That's all that matters.  But I couldn't live without those features.

I have to ask; Are people so dependent on these kinds of features that they can't comprehend those of us who could care less?

Now it sounds like I have a bare bones car coming next week, but it's a pretty sweet little car.  I feel envious that DH gets to drive it back/forth to Lincoln everyday, but it's exactly what we need and want.  I'll post a pic and tell you what we got next week when it gets here.

Now when it comes to sewing, she has the simple barebone machine and I have the machines with bells/whistles on them.  Could I live without them?  Yes.  The only thing that would kill me would to lose the auto scissors.  That has me spoiled big time.

As I thought about our differences it comes down to what you use the most.  My mom is busy taking teenagers and grandkids everywhere.  I don't drive unless I have too and DH only drives to work.  I use my sewing machines all day and use almost all the features so I guess it's the same difference.

I did do some sewing today.  I sewed up the strips I still had laying on the table and left it at that.  No need to over do it, but I had to get it out of my system.

1 comments:

onlymehere said...

I had to laugh bz I don't even have auto windows in my car! I have to roll them up and down by hand, lol! In case you didn't guess, I don't have heated seats either (they make me feel like I just wet my pants!), or a heated steering wheel. No automatic seat adjustments, no GPS either but it's a really good functional car and gets me safely where I need to go and back home again.....not that my husband wouldn't like all those bells and whistles too!