Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Working On Aquamarine Ambience Block Two

From Embroidery Designs

I got these two designs done yesterday before the storms hit.  They turned out beautifully.  I've discovered that my Hemingworth yellow color is a bad spool.  My Topaz has done nothing but eat it.  It does fine with the other colors.  I finally gave up and used a yellow color of Robinson-Anton.  It looks close enough that I may get away with it as I have the first block done.

With this block I used Jenny's Sheer Magic Plus stabilizer before using the fusible fleece.  I can tell a difference and it's really nice.  Her stuff is really nice, but I wish it didn't cost a fortune.  I don't think I can afford to do an entire quilt.  It may just be a lap size.  I really struggle between being cheap or eating the prices for some items.   

I know I've been a huge PITA the past the few days but Bernina has really pissed me off as I fell for their marketing ploy.  See..even I'm gullible.  I paid 16.10 for those titanium needles.  EVERYWHERE I called or emailed had the EXACT same needles for under 10 dollars.  I gave them the numbers on the cardboard package and asked if there were differences.  They all said there wasn't.    

This is why I could never work for a sewing machine company.  I do love titanium needles.  Just make sure you only pay under 10 bucks for them if you decide to try them out.   

1 comments:

Jen said...

That just sucks about the needles. How do they expect to stay in business with those tactics?