Friday, March 05, 2010

Withdrawal

I'm going through quilt withdrawal and while in Lincoln yesterday I picked up fabric for my sister's baby blanket and some yarn.  I'm now an aunt!  My sister had her baby a couple of days ago and I had planned on making a baby blanket.

With my back still sore I can't cut out fabric right now so I kept it simple.  I bought a really cute panel and picked out the borders/backing for it.  The original was a kit but the lady helped me make it for a girl.  I hope my sister loves it.

From Quilted with Love
It hit me that I could do some handwork while waiting for my back to get better.  In the same building that I bought the fabric there is a yarn store.  I went in since I needed size 5 needles in lengths of 16 and 24.  For some reason they are impossible to find and I figured she'd have them.  She did and while there I picked up this incredibly soft yarn:

From Quilted with Love
I have a weakness for blue and the softness made it that much easier to buy.  The lady said I would have enough to make a pair of socks.

Speaking of yarn, I got my first ever knitted scarf done!
From Quilted with Love
Here's a close up of the stitches.  The pattern is called "Cotton Twirl Faggot Stitch Scarf".

From Quilted with Love

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

What cute baby fabrics...great color choices. Your sister and the baby will love the quilt.

Cindy said...

The fabric for the baby quilt is really cute and I'm sure she'll love it when it's done. Way to go on the knitting that is something that I just can't do.