Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This must be the year for gorgeous BOM's.  Check out Esther's Blog and see her stunning block.   I downloaded the PDF file and will save it for later.

My fabric came in on Monday:

The index card is all the fabrics w/names in Hoffman's "Shaved Ice" collection.  I'm using some of them for "My Tweets" and having a name with the fabric color makes for much easier ordering.  I needed Dragonfly, Blue Jay and Cornflower.  The green fabric was a gift from the store.  How nice to get an extra!

I've run into a design problem with "My Tweets".  I'm not sure I want to satin stitch around all the pieces.  A simple small zig zag stitch looked terrible and I don't want the look of a blanket stitch.  It's too "country" looking for me.

Truthfully; I should a) fold the edges under or b) back baste and applique by hand to get the look I want. Now that I have the color scheme I want, maybe I should start over.  I'm obsessing too much with this quilt.

If you own a Janome 7700 there is a built in stitch that does invisible applique, number 51, that gives the Harriet Hargrave look to machine quilting.  I tried it with invisible and regular thread and if you like that look, it works.  No fiddling around with settings.

1 comments:

Barb said...

Love your fabrics!!