I've spent all day working on block one of "My Tweets". I really wanted the edges turned under but I'm about to start pulling my hair out. It's not that it's hard. It's just SO time consuming. I don't want to hand applique and when I started doing Harriet Hargrave's blind stitch version I wasn't impressed. I don't want the heaviness of a blanket stitch and since I turned the edges over, I don't want to satin stitch.
Here's what I've glue basted right now (except for the body and wings):
It's really pretty and I love the look. It's just finding the right way to stitch it down. I thought about waiting until the top is ready and do a straight stitch around the pieces that would both quilt and make a decorative stitch. I just don't know if the glue basting would stay for that long.
I guess I could just "cheat" and use fusible webbing.