Monday, February 28, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I am feeling SO much better today.  I do have a doc appt. later to see if I need meds.  I figured I'd brave it out and see how it goes last week.  DH said to go to the doc despite my protests last night.

This morning I made a few more log cabin blocks on my Horizon.  I wanted to see how the new 1/4 inch foot worked going over multiple seams as it's been a major sore point with most owners.  So far it sews beautifully which may put this machine back into my "like" list.  I finished up a couple of rows and may start a new pink and a brown one depending on how I feel.



At night while watching TV and some WWII documentaries I've got this much done on my canvas work quilt:


The top border isn't hard, it just requires your eyes to cross frequently.

And finally, block one of "My Tweets" as I've worked on the satin stitching before I got too sick to work with it.  I've decided to use threads that match the leaves instead of using just one color.  I need to rip out the threads on the light leaves now.

BTW, don't accidently use cut-away embroidery stabilizer.  You'll spend forever trimming it down with a seam ripper.

Make sure you check out Judy's blog to see more Design Wall Monday entries.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

wow you have some beautiful items in the works. Bonnie

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt with LOTS of pieces!! Love your Tweets block....need to get working on mine.

Barb said...

Oh...such awesome work and proejcts!!

Marti said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I adore the "My Tweets".

Vivian said...

I like your fabric choices for the "My Tweets" blocks.

Heather said...

Your applique looks fantastic! Love your projects, and hope you're feeling better soon! :o)

Lizziebeth said...

Beautiful things you are working on. I love the log cabin one.

Sue Daurio said...

wow, if that's what you do when you aren't feeling well, I would love to see when you're on top of your game! Wonderful projects, all of them! And yes, take your husband's advice, go to the Dr. :)