Monday, November 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I got brave and pulled out my Cricut cutter to see if I could make something that wasn't quilty.  I found my"Make The Cut" forum and found a pattern for a birdhouse .  I downloaded it, had it cut out and then wondered what to do with it.  My creativity has improved over the years but once I saw what the other ladies had done with their birdhouses my spirits fell.  Quilting I know.  Paper crafts I do not.

After rummaging through the scrap booking stickers for birds and finding nothing.  How can you NOT have birds?  I picked out butterfly stickers and found some Japanese blossoms.  I picked out some blue ribbon and headed home.

After playing around I came up with this:



My daughter said to put a candle in and with the lights off you get this:



I have one problem.  If I tape the roof on, I can't get to the candle (fake one) to turn it on/ off.  Any ideas?

Check out Judy's blog for more Design Wall Mondays.
 

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Your birdhouse is very cute. Is there anyway you could have a hole in the bottom that would allow you to set the birdhouse over the candle?

Heather said...

So cute! I'm not great with paper, either. I do keep a scrapbook type journal for my quilts, but it is positively plain compared to a real scrapper's. lol I think you did a great job!

Karla Hartzog said...

Very pretty, lit or unlit! Happy Thanksgiving Bethany!