Monday, January 31, 2011

Center Panel For "My Tweets" Came!

Instead of agonizing over the colors on "My Tweets" I thought I'd wait until I get the center panel and see what worked.  That was ordered separately via her Etsy site.

I had no idea it was THIS big so I'm glad I waited.  Even if you decided not to do the entire BOM quilt, the center panel is gorgeous and worth the 10 dollars.  She is very generous in having the rest of the blocks for free.  

It's SO wonderful when a designer puts her pattern on one sheet of paper as I hate taping pieces together.  It's even better when they reverse the pattern if it's not symetrical.  This may sound crazy, but this would a wonderful way to learn hand applique.   The pieces are large with gentle curves and you could easily change the shape the flowers to make it easier.  It's very tempting to do this by hand.  Back basting would work very well with this panel.


I think after seeing this panel, I will add the yellow and possibly the green.  I'll play around with it some and see what I like.  We are expecting 6-8 inches of snow, so there will be plenty of time to play.

0 comments: