Monday, February 15, 2010

Quilt Basting And Seizures

There's nothing more annoying than being in a JC Penney store and having a seizure. My kids are pros at this though and took me over to DH before I totally embarrassed myself. So much for almost a year seizure free. However; when you switch out meds, I knew it was coming at some point. I had just hoped not in a public place.

Technically and legally I can't drive for another 3 mos now but it will be okay. Even though I can legally drive doesn't mean that I do it that often. My kids got a great laugh a couple of weeks ago when I went through the drive-through at Mc D's and didn't know how to order. I haven't done it in over 13 years..what did you expect?

Wow..13 years since being diagnosed this week. I'm probably due for a gran mal seizure since it's been a couple of years since the last one.

On the positive side the change in meds has helped me sleep at night! I've been going to bed at midnight instead of 2-4 am. I have more energy and I'm far more alert.

Since being more alert I got DH's quilt basted and it's ready to quilt:

2 comments:

Michele said...

That sucks. Hopefully the upside of changing the meds will outweigh the problems of transition. It's great that your kids can help.

bettyp said...

Sure hope everything works out for you !!
Love the quilt your working on !!