Thursday, December 09, 2010

Ohhh Nooo!

Oh Noooo!  Somehow I lowered the design on my tree skirt!!  Sniff.  It stitched out beautifully but too close to the edge.  It took me three hours to stitch this out and I'm desperately trying to figure out how to fix the designs around it to work.  There is a rope trim that will take out nearly an inch making the design sit awkardly at the bottom.

This has been such a disaster.  I thought it would be easy to just buy the fabric and stitch out the pattern instead of buying a cheap tree skirt.  Then I realized the ribbon tree is too small and I spent all that money on the thread for it.  The roses on either side of the center are too big and it would cost me more to buy the smaller set.  The flannel I bought for the back fits the ribbon tree and not this design.  


Yes, I know birds aren't exactly Christmas motifs but it was going to look so elegantly done with the plans I had in mind.

It will get done and fixed soon.  It has just been a long day and now I can't sleep.  I keep planning designs in my head instead of sleeping.

If any of you have some ideas let me know!

0 comments: