Thursday, December 16, 2010

Venting

Went back to the doc yesterday about my back.  He adjusted the rotated hip and we talked about what's causing it.  It's been almost a year and the answer is, we don't know.

It's not chronic since I can go for a couple of weeks without the hip rotating.  There doesn't seem to be an exact movement that rotates the hip other than I know when it's happened.  It can be as simple as rolling over in bed to another position.  Bending down to get something.  Lifting a gallon of milk off the counter to put it back in the fridge.  Walking a couple of blocks.  Getting in/out of the car.  Standing and talking to a friend.  Coughing/sneezing.  

What doesn't help is that all the muscles around the hip and back are connected so if the hip rotates, it takes several muscles with it causing a domino reaction.

I wonder if I need some deep physical therapy that my crappy county hospital can't give to strengthen the muscles.

Now that I have a cold, I know I'll have to be back in a couple of days to fix the hip.

It just sucks having to pay 20 bucks to put my hip back to where it should every couple of weeks.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure feel for your pain - not fun on the hips or the pocketbook. I had a similar problem and after a couple of months my chiropractor adjusted my knee and ankle; it's been over a year now with no problems. We also discovered that when my left hip was hurting it was actually the right side that was out. Hope this helps. I'll keep you in my prayers!