Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Quilt Poetry" Pattern And Hardanger Runner

I have been drooling over this pattern for almost a year and finally bought it today.  I have her other pattern almost done.  It's in the UFO pile because I'm stuck on how to quilt the little circles without mashing them.  I should have waited to outline the edges for quilting instead of doing it before.

She always does wilder fabrics than I would choose and I wanted a softer look.  It may need more contrast, but I'll work with it as I go.  You can never have enough fabric.  I still need to pick out some green but will find that from my stash.

I'm just not sure I can trace and fuse pieces right now with my back still sore.  Despite how difficult the pattern looks, it's SO simple to make as she makes everything in layers that sit on top of each other.

I got my Hardanger runner yesterday in the mail and started working on it:

It's kind of hard to see the stitches of the design but it's coming along beautifully. The darker thread is for marking purposes so you don't lose you place.  I can't count to save my life so having this marked out really helps.

I still have this one to finish.  I got lost on the flower embroidery and gave up.
 This was my second Hardanger project and I think I over estimated my ability to to it.  I will get the design done someday when I feel more confident.  The cutting for later is easy, those stupid flowers are not.

0 comments: