Friday, May 07, 2010

Not My Yard! Again!

I have this to look forward to next week:

You should see the destruction in her yard as they've put the new sewer line in.

And this:


Just what I need.  My yard dug up AGAIN for the 3rd year in a row.  If the utility company DARES to take up my brand new driveway I'll sit out on strike and bring the news media in for a protest.  If you see a news report that has some crazy lady tied down to her driveway screaming at the utility company, that'd be me.

All of this for a new sewer line.  That's why my water bill doubled last year.  You may have my money, but you aren't taking out my tree or my driveway.  Although they might be able to bribe me with that new Janome in payment for my mental and emotional distress over my yard.

To soothe my uneccesary desire for a machine I went up to the sewing store in the next town.  They had books 40% off and picked a couple up.  I had wanted the books a long time ago but couldn't afford them.


I haven't had a chance to sit down and read them yet.  I just flipped through the pages.  Having an acrylic template will be awesome to work on these projects.

I'm a terrible presser for quilts.  Nothing lies flat when I press.  The seams just come right back up.  I could scorch the fabric and the seams would still come back to haunt me.  Next to binding, pressing is the worst part of quilting.  I'd almost pay someone to press my blocks.

I picked up the fat quarters for my 9-patch quilt.  When I go somewhere I try to pick up purple fabric of various shades.

1 comments:

Rhonda said...

Bethany, you are soooo funny but I hear you....nobody wants their driveway torn up.....I'll keep an eye out to help you watch those utility people!!!