Saturday, June 12, 2010

Got My Aurifil Cone Today

*If you have a Janome Horizon, register it on the Janome site.  It appears that the plate may not work as a part comes off and they are sending out a replacement.  My dealer didn't know anything about it, but people on the Yahoo! group have received this plate in the mail.*


Woo Hoo!  My cone of Aurifil thread came today!  It's so much cheaper to buy it by the cone and I know it will last forever.  You can see the basic spool next to my cone.  Aurifil is my favorite thread and finding it in a cone size just made my day.


Oh, I fixed my cutting table by adding a 2x3 foot dry marker board.  It sits on top of the bedrisers and has done wonders for my back.  It's strong enough to handle everything and I love it.

I've been working with my Janome Horizon and wanted to say thank you for those that suggested going the opposite way when doing strip sets.  It's really helped.  The Horizon is a wonderful machine and I'm still learning to use it.  I have to remember it's not like my Topaz and it runs differently.  Just let me gripe and go OCD on it.  It's just how I deal with stress.  LOL.

3 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

I love aurifil thread too ... where did you find it by the cone? I do all my piecing with aurifil.

I'm a Janome lover .. own 5 Janome machines.

Michele said...

We ALL want to know where to find the Aurifil cones!

Anonymous said...

I bought mine online at pumpkinvinecorner.com. Cones are 31.00 each if you buy two - also free shipping if you spend 75.00.

Dawn