Part of me says screw it. I can get more 2 inch squares 10 times faster with my June Tailor Shape Cut anyway.
At least the 1.5 inch strip die set works. I used it yesterday to cut some more strips. I also took a black Sharpie marker and went over the cutting lines for guidelines.
I think the Accuquilter company needs to give much better instructions for using the dies and what they are capable of doing online or with the cutter itself when you buy it.
- How to layer the fabrics for optimum usage for different patterns/blocks. They did put a chart up for fabric measurements online, but it wasn't what I needed. It would be great to know how to get the fabric ready for log cabin blocks as they have different lengths.
- Troubleshooting Guide as there is some human error to this set up.
- How to fix the dies if you are just supposed to "glue" it down if they foam comes up.
- Make repositional tape for measurements across the dies. I hate to mark up the strip die horizontally with tons of Sharpie marks.
- Make rotary rulers/guides out the the stuff the mats are made of. They are so much easier on my hands and they are completely non-slip.