Sunday, July 04, 2010

I Did Sparklers!!

Remember how I said I don't do public pools?  I don't do sparklers either.  I've been scared to death of them as long as I can remember.  I have horrible visions of my hands and clothing on fire from a stray spark.  Fireworks I can handle.  Sparklers will make me faint.

My daughter brought some home from a friend and DH let my daughters use them.  DH and my DDs are having a blast with them while I stand on the porch frozen in fear watching.  DH comes over to me and asks if I want to hold one.  He told me they were the paper kind and not the ones that we had as kids.  He lights one up for me and I gingerly take it.  He held my hand and helped me twirl it slowly around.  It poppled and crackled making me jump, but DH told me it was okay and that it would stop burning when it hit the end.  It finally fizzled out and nothing caught on fire.  I actually did 4 of them but DH had to hold me so I wouldn't be so scared.

It appears I can now do public pools and sparklers.  For now.

I also didn't drop to the ground when people were lighting the really loud fireworks.  I have this crazy thing that loud noises like a car backfiring, an emergency vehicle going by or fireworks make me drop to the ground.  I'm aware of everything but can't move for about a minute and then can get up.  It's a pain when it happens and there's no reason for it.  It's not a seizure and it's not PTSD.  I just know to hold on to DH when the fireworks are going off.  

I'm SO close to getting this quilt done:

Just finish this last section and then sew all the pieces together and it will be done.  Woo Hoo!

0 comments: