Saturday, July 24, 2010

Log Cabin Decisions

I'm sort of here..drugged by Dayquil and Nyquil, but functioning.

I've been debating about starting my log cabin quilt.  I have the 1.5 inch strip die but I'm not sure how to apply it for this project.  I have about 20 fat quarters to cut into strips and then subcut into the logs.  I saw a demo with the die for making a log cabin, but it didn't make any sense.  I also hate to take a sharpie marker and draw permanent horizontal lines that could screw everything up because I didn't do it right.  Add in that those lines would be there forever to remind me that I screwed up.

Then there's the mess of strips.  The book said to get a silverware thing to organize all the logs, but my 9-patch quilt was a HUGE mess for months.

The county fair starts this weekend.  I didn't bother entering anything.  I just don't care anymore.  The same ladies win the top ribbons every year and it's no longer fun.  It's not that they don't deserve to win as they are far more talented than I am.  It's just a reminder that once again, despite how much I've learned and done that I'm still not good enough. Plus, you'll never win against a computerized long arm machine regardless of how good you are.
 

1 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

If you want the judging to be different at the county fair volunteer to be a judge. The judges in our fair were awful, so bad that they were judging if the back matched the front, so one of the ladies that works for me volunteered and what a difference it has made, a real quilter able to separate the different styles of quilting and the quilts judge on those styles...you too can make a difference...