Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Checking In

Do you ever get to the point in your life when you realize you just need to give up and face reality?  I've been avoiding it for months.  I keep telling myself it's all good and don't worry but today I had to face it.  I desperately need new clothes.  Almost everything I have is too small or too worn out.  I wear clothing until I have to buy new clothes.  

I know you were thinking it was something drastic, but I hate shopping for clothes.  I hate trying on clothes.  I hate creepy sales ladies who peer over at you with distain.  Since Lane Bryant no longer carries the blue color jeans I love, I've held on to mine as long as possible.  It's hard giving up your favorite pairs of jeans.  It's a sense of loss.  Black is apparently the new "blue" at Lane Bryant.  Ugh.
  
After today's chiro visit, I felt so depressed that even shopping for clothing seemed like fun.  I drove up the local outlet mall and looked around.  Surprise!  I found three pair that fit nicely and they were blue.  I even went into Dress Barn Plus and found sweaters 50% off.  I like the light shirt style sweaters and Dress Barn has nice comfortable ones.

I'll make it through with my back issues.  Apparently it's my SI joint, sacrum, and lower lumbar vertebrae that are the problem.  The fibromyalgia is raging through my back as well.  I just ache and ache.  

Despite all of this, I did get some more blocks done and pieced into rows:



I'm not sure I'm in love with the LED light as it glares off of the metal foot but it is sort of nice.  I guess I need to find the right position for it.

I'm heading to bed.  My entire back aches.  I'm surprised I made it through trying clothes on.      

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sorry about our back, but glad you can sew through it. Lucky shopping day!!

onlymehere said...

I'd rather be beat with a stick than shop for clothes for myself. I guess it's bz nothing looks good on me anyway and I just hate to spend money on clothing. Now if I'm shopping for my kids or grandbabies then clothing shopping is fun. Although, with my feet and right knee any kind of shopping is horrible! Someday when I get a new knee this part of it won't be so bad. Hope you find a new drug that helps you like Vioxx did. It's so hard to live with chronic pain.