Monday, January 03, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Been slowly working out this log cabin quilt. The twin size alone has 7000 pieces and I'm going for the queen size.  That's unless I go insane.


I'm still not a huge Bernina fan by any means, but my little activa 210 does piece beautifully.  It winds a bobbin nicely and the patchwork foot is worth every penny.  I really miss those auto cutters though.  I've just been using a pair of scissors or the side cutter.  I feel like I'm wasting so much thread this way.

She does fit nicely into my Janome table:


I would really like the accessory case that holds the feet, but once again, Bernina wants a fortune for it.  Come on, Bernina, it's a plastic box.  Since all I'll be doing is piecing, it's not that important but it would just be nice.

Totally off topic but "Top Gear" showed the CR-Z last night.  Only Rutledge liked it.  I had really hoped  that the Stig would take it around the track, but it didn't happen.  They spent way too much time selling stupid POS cars making the episode entirely pointless.  Sorry guys, but I LOVE my CR-Z. I'm not about to spend 40,000 on a Chevy Volt and the Prius makes going green look ridiculous.  

2 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

You don't have to waste tread, I know what you mean though, I made myself get in the habit of using the thread cutter on my Horizon...cool :)

Anyway, do a search for Leaders and Enders. It isn't anything new but Bonnie has some great ideas to kick start some ideas while you save thread.
Happy New Year, Sharyn

Anonymous said...

Yes I use my 240 for piecing - great little machines. What about your Horizon - do you like that for piecing??
AW