Friday, January 21, 2011

Singing The Blues

After going over the first block of Fiesta this morning and everyone's comments via here and on the Yahoo! site, I decided the blue fabrics are the culprits.  They don't look bad, but they need more zing to them.  The dark is too dark and the light is too light.  I like the yellow, red, orange and the lime.  

I went to my LQS and found NOTHING resembling the blue fabric in Sindy's quilt.  Apparently loud blue isn't in vogue with Nebraska quilters and decided to go online.  I checked out the Fat Quarter Shop and found a fat quarter package I liked so I googled it for a cheaper price.  Another store came up and BAM! all the colors of the rainbow smacked me in the face.  Gorgeous batik prints that made me want to spend several thousand dollars.  If my LQS had those fabrics in stock, she'd be rich and I'd be broke.

Here's the link to Batiks Plus if you want to check them out.  I have the "Shaved Ice" fat quarter pack from Hoffman Fabrics coming soon.  I really wanted all 370 prints but DH wouldn't be very happy if I pulled that off.  I do have to save up for Quilt Nebraska.

 
Can't wait for my box!  

0 comments: