Thursday, January 20, 2011

Yellow Is LOUD

After feeling sorry for myself yesterday, I decided to be a little more productive and worked on my "Fiesta" block today.  I think I need to look into some medications to help with the fibromyalgia.  Too bad they took Vioxx off the market.  Best stuff ever.

I don't know if I like the applique colors.  I keep looking at it and wondering what's wrong.  Will it look better once all the blocks are sewn together?  Am I just not used to the color scheme or is a color "off"?  I think it's the yellow not playing nicely with the red, but yellow is a "loud" color to use.  He's the ADHD color in the wheel.  You can't ignore him and he never goes away.

I decided to fuse the dang quilt because my back is not about to let me press all that fabric under a template and then machine applique it together like I wanted to.

I haven't fused the pieces yet and I need to find the last two orange pieces but here's a first attempt:


Any advice for color choices?  

2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh I want so badly to do this, I will...I must.

I hope you don't mind, but I think it is the white in the middle...not the yellow or reds... Looks wonderful....

Hope you get to feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Barb. The white is too high contrast with the rest of the block and it screams at us instead of playing nicely. Maybe a peach or soft yellow would work better? Just my opinion, since you asked.