Sunday, September 26, 2010

Three Doesn't Go Into Eight

The block I found via EQ6 doesn't go into an 8 inch block evenly.  I didn't even realize it was a 9-patch block until I started putting it together.  Duh. The diamonds wouldn't work at all even with templates.  Even when I moved it to a 9 inch block, the diamonds wouldn't measure right. 
    


So I thought this block would work after playing for several hours and when I put it side by side I'm off by my usual 1/4 inch or more.  At least my points are perfect on the flying geese block.  I just wanted to cry as it's gorgeous block.  Maybe I should just trim my pug blocks down to match the block..LOL.


Off to think this over some more...    

1 comments:

Chris said...

Could you frame the dog squares in a dark brown or black? I like what you have so far!