Sunday, March 13, 2011

What a weekend.  Ever driven three teenage boys and one girl over to the indoor skatepark?  Boys are boys and one girl surrounded by three of them made for great entertainment.  By the end of the day, my head was splitting, I was broke, and hated malls even more than I usually do, but all those kids had the best time ever.  But I had even more fun than they did.

I left the mall and headed over to the sewing machine store.  I had dropped off my Viking Topaz on Friday and was lusting over the Viking Designer Ruby once again.  I had asked her what she would give me for a trade-in on my Horizon and decided it was worth the the trade-in.  Saturday after dropping the boys off I went over with my Horizon and came home with my new Ruby.  I will never own another Janome.  They are great machines, but I don't love them.


I bring it home, unpack everything and show DH who is quite impressed with the touchscreen.  Because it was late, I started setting up things today.

Viking doesn't make anything easy.  Their site is hard to navagate through and finding the right updates has proved difficult.  Then when I updated 4D Extra my computer won't recognize the dongle (very expensive USB hard drive)  I can't do further updates w/o the dongle or get into the embroidery software.  I can't get my computer to recognize my Ruby and my machine wouldn't update with the USB stick.  I give up for now.  

But the Ruby is a dream.  I sat and played with her for a couple of hours having the dealer go over the options and the menus.

Right now I want a couple of Aleve and a nice nap to overcome the temptation to throw my dongle at the wall.  

4 comments:

Barb said...

You traded in your horizon? Is there a reason why? I have one? I do love your new machines, what does it have over the horizon? Just wanting to know. Have fun with your new toy.

Chris said...

Congrats on your new machine. I LOVE Viking machines. I don't think I will ever get anything else. :)

The dongle thing is not uncommon, it will work out....been there. I have to call the tech support and get them to walk me thru activating my dongle.

onlymehere said...

I had my Viking for 30 years before I gave it to my daughter and got my new Bernina. It was still running really well but I had a hard time getting a consistent 1/4 seam. The new machine gives me that seam without any fuss! I hope you love this machine. The Viking is still running strong for her too and is now 33 years old.

Sherri said...

Congrats on your new machine! I read through a number of your postings just now. You made me laugh when you complained about being sick of changing thread colors and sick of certain fabric colors! I get that way too sometimes.
lol
Thanks for visiting my blog! I like your blue and yellow Tweets too!