Tuesday, March 22, 2011

While at my LQS the owner had cake pincushion patterns.  I don't get into "cutesy" items but figured what the heck.  I bought the pattern and the filling.

I pulled out my FQ bundle that I bought a few weeks ago and found three fabrics I liked and started in on it.  Now it doesn't look bad after I have it done, but I'm not fond of daisies and I hate this style of button.  I like flat ones.  These seem to poke out and catch on everything.  I thought they were flat when I grabbed the package.  I wouldn't have bought them if I had known.

It's a little lopsided despite my attempts to put in the filling, but at least it's not dented.


Now before you think I truly hate it, I don't.  My Ruby did a fabulous job with stitching it together with ease.  I had hoped to use some of my fancy stitches, but nothing seemed to fit.  I had to figure out how to scale the stitch design so it would go around perfectly and I didn't feel like taking the time to do that.  

I love the blanket/buttonhole stitch on this machine.  It's perfect.  This stitch isn't one I'm fond of but I like it here.

Would I make it again? No, it way too big for my taste and filling the dang think took two jars instead of the one she insisted would work just fine.

If you like it, the pattern is from Taylor Made Designs and is called "Baby Cakes".

0 comments: