Friday, March 20, 2009

Horses And Roses

My package came today!! Kristie, you are going to die over this quilt:


The pattern is called "Spring Storm" from Bigfork Bay Cotton Company. I fell in love with the pattern even though horses aren't my thing. This kit will keep me motivated to finish up some previous projects even though I want to start right now.

I'm slowly getting these roses done for my "Rambling Rose" quilt.  It's not that it's hard, it's just time consuming working with a zillion little pieces.  I need 6 of one direction and 6 going the other direction.  Here are 4 of them.  5 and 6 are being worked on:

From Quilted with Love
 Does anyone else's quilting area look like this while working on a project?

From Quilted with Love
Stacks of papers?  Boxes of stuff?  Fabric everywhere?  I really do have a method to my madness in there.  Maybe.  This quilt has made a HUGE mess with all the bags of labeled pieces and strips of fabric.  I still have about 200 pieces more to cut out with all the extra strips.

The next 6 roses will be fairly easy now that I know where all the pieces go.  The worst is going to be the lace border. 


3 comments:

Amelia said...

Those rose blocks are so pretty...I bet they do take a lot of time and brain power to get them in the right place.I could probably grow roses easier.

Kristie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that horse pattern! I may have to check about getting one of those patterns! Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

I love your roses! They look like they would take a long time to do. I will have to show your blocks to my aunt, she would love to make that quilt! She is ROSE-CRAZY!
Kristie

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your Rambling Rose blocks are just gorgeous!

My quilting area just cannot be kept neat when I'm sewing. I'd like to think it's because I quilt in my dining room. But I'm honestly not sure it will be any better when I get a dedicated space.