Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sharing A Childhood Memory

It was so nice to share a part of my childhood with my daughters.  I had downloaded the "Anne of Green Gables" books for my Ipod Touch and wondered about the TV show I had seen as a child.  I checked online and they do make the set.  Hubby bought me the 5 disc collector's set and it came today.  

What fun it was to sit down with my 10 and 11 year old daughters and watch the show.  They were completely fascinated with Anne, Diana and Gilbert.  They kept asking questions about the time period and all the big words Anne used.  They loved the dresses and the hats.  When Anne hits Gilbert over the head with the slate, the girls felt so bad for Gilbert.  

I wasn't sure they would care, but it's so wonderful to share a part of my childhood and make "Anne Of Green Gables" part of their childhood as well.

And to make it quilty, it's wonderful to see all the quilts Anne has on her bed.  Every time they show her room, there's a different quilt on the bed.  

1 comments:

Lynn said...

We watched "Anne of Green Gables" on PBS when our girls were young and John and I enjoyed them as much as our daughters did. A few years ago I saw the set for sale somewhere and bought them. Now the granddaughters love to watch them as do I.

Lynn